Bird & Bird with Dataguidance are co-hosting an event on data security and privacy issues that affect every organisation. Ruth Boardman and Fabian Niemann will be speaking in this event on Thursday 26 January 2012.
Speakers confirmed include:
* Diane Slater - Lead Case Officer (Enforcement), ICO
* Piers Wilson - Senior Manager, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
* Ruth Boardman - Partner, Bird & Bird
* Dr. Fabian Niemann - Partner, Bird & Bird
* Jeanette Fitzgerald - General Counsel, Epsilon
* Martin Hoskins - Head of Data Protection, Everything Everywhere
Topics to be discussed include:
* ICO perspective on data breach notification and data security
* Developing a data breach incident management plan
* The German example: How the law is currently working
* Developing a data security program
The amount of data stored digitally is expected to grow 50X over the next decade. The legal and commercial implications for mishandling or losing control of data have proved to be very serious in a number of high-profile cases involving large firms in recent years. Establishing strong data security and data notification policies has now become essential to every organisation, as the amount of data they hold continues to grow dramatically.
At present, under the current e-Privacy Directive, only publically available electronic communications service providers have a requirement to notify both the regulator & affected customers of data losses. Germany and Austria, however, have local laws which require notification. In the EU, Commissioner Viviane Reding has said she is pushing for breach notification.
Don't miss this essential event for expert advice on setting up a data security policy and a breach notification policy.
With the importance placed on privacy in our society, no company can afford the reputational damage that comes with a data breach.
For more information, please contact Geraldine Hervel on 0207 012 1389 or at firstname.lastname@example.org