Bird & Bird
are pleased to invite you to our joint complimentary seminar on Monday 23 March 2015 in Shanghai.
Anti-Bribery & Corruption in APAC
Effective compliance with anti-bribery and corruption laws remains a matter of key importance to all businesses, not only to avoid prosecutions, but also to enhance or preserve business ethics, reputation and relationships. Recent high profile cases have included allegations against GlaxoSmithKline employees in China; the conviction of the former Chief Secretary and the Chairman of Sun Hung Kai in Hong Kong. This seminar is designed for compliance officers, in-house counsel, management and HR professionals interested in learning about:
- practical steps and strategies that businesses can adopt to ensure that their employees and processes comply with the relevant anti-bribery and corruption laws;
- conducting investigations into suspicious conduct and use of technology to detect corruption;
- how to respond when red flags arise or a breach is detected;
- policy/trends on enforcement and how to deal with prosecutions;
- employment-related issues arising from an errant employee's wrongful conduct.
Our keynote speakers are:
Simon Phippard is Of Counsel in Bird & Bird's International Dispute Resolution Group and based in London. Before joining us in 2013, Simon spent seven years with a major global power systems supplier where his most recent role related to anti-bribery and corruption compliance matters. He brings experience of designing and implementing a global anti-corruption compliance programme for a listed company in relation to its worldwide operations, including in emerging markets. The role included analysis and mitigation of the legal, commercial and ethical risks associated with the use of intermediaries in the supply chain.
Colum Bancroft is a Managing Director in Kroll's Greater China Investigations and Disputes Practice. Colum has lived in Asia for more than 20 years and has extensive experience assisting clients on local and multi-jurisdictional issues in areas such as asset tracing and recovery; family, partnership, shareholder, and other business disputes; anti-money laundering; and fraud and corruption prevention, investigation and remediation.
We hope you will be able to join us.
Would you like to attend?