Federica is the Head of Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency for Italy at Bird & Bird.
She has extensive experience of a wide range of matters related to the restructuring and insolvency of distressed companies both in Italy and abroad, worked with a leading International law firm in New York. She has been involved in many aspects of Italian, American, English and cross-border insolvency proceedings, working on both in- and out-of-court restructurings, including those involving debtors. She has also assisted major financial institutions and hedge funds investing in the Italian distressed market, with a particular focus on Extraordinary Administration (largest size of Italian insolvency).
Her experience includes:
- purchasing assets in the context of Italian insolvency and pre-insolvency proceedings, also through the proposal of composition with creditors ("concordato fallimentare") and pre-insolvency plans ("concordato preventivo");
- in- and out- of court restructuring ("accordo di ristrutturazione" e “piano attestato”), including with respect to negotiations with lenders;
- distressed M&A transactions;
- drafting and negotiating a wide range of contracts with distressed entities;
- filing, negotiating and settling creditors' claims;
- assisting EU creditors with Lehman Bros. claim filing, and
- claims trading.
Federica is frequently invited to make presentations to professional organizations, educational institutions and private groups. She is a member of INSOL Europe and IWIRC, she is also one of the founders of the Fordham European Alumni Chapter, she has been a member of the Bankruptcy Committee of the New York City Bar (2009-2010), and she has been recently nominated member of Class I of the NextGen Leadership Program by the International Insolvency Institute.
Federica graduated at Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" in 2003 and was admitted to the Italian bar in 2006. In 2009 she obtained an LL.M. in Banking, Corporate and Finance from Fordham University, School of Law in New York.